As Christians, self-examination plays a very important role in our faith as we grow and mature spiritually in God. This is a regular reflection and self- assessment on how we’re performing in accordance with our faith and the necessary steps we need to take to strengthen any area of weaknesses that will help us to become stronger spiritually. It also enables us to maneuver problems before they become out of control. Awesome God how excellent is your name.
God encourages us to look inward and search ourselves daily in order to identify areas of weakness so that we can address them.
Here are some Bible verses which illustrated the importance of self-examination, all taken from the King James Version:
- “Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realise that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?” 2 Corinthians 13:5
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23
- “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after 4. looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.” James 1:22-24
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2
- “Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ, eat and drink judgment on themselves.” 1 Corinthians 11:28-29
- “Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord.” Lamentations 3:40
- “I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes. I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.”
- “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your Matthew 7:3-5
Bible Verses on Spiritual breakthrough
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10KJV
Blessed be the he God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Ephesians 1:3KJV
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Ephesians 3:20KJV
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Ephesians 6: KJV
Read and be blessed!!!